Tuesday 14 May 2013

Top TV Opening Titles Part Two

Cross posted from Yellow Bunting


As soon as I’d finished last week’s article I immediately remembered a whole host of other opening sequences that I felt should have gone in so here are ones I missed last time…

Game of Thrones (HBO, 2011-Present)

An epic title sequence for an epic show, the music and the visuals are rich in detail and echo the effort that goes into the series as a whole.



Dexter (Showtime, 2006-Present)

A show about a serial killer who (mostly) only kills bad guys. The opening sequences shows a mundane morning routine from a morbid point of view, juxtaposing the title characters true nature with the front he puts on for friends and family.




Pokemon (1998-1999)

Don’t judge me



Community (NBC, 2009-Present)

A sitcom about a group of misfits at community college, the opening titles are so upbeat and cheery it is guaranteed to put a smile on your face. Also, special episodes tweak it a bit, my personal favourite being the Christmas special where stop motion Abed sings it while dancing on a car.


No comments:

Post a Comment