Saturday 1 December 2012

What I watched while I was away

Due to inconsistant posting and lack of internet for a while this is the first Monthly Round Up in a long, long time so instead I'm going to summarise all the stuff you missed me ranting and raving about while offline :)

Tyrannosaur (Paddy Considine, 2011)

tt1204340.jpg
Image from here


A powerful film, fully deserving of every accolade it got but one I will never watch again if I can help it. Deeply disturbing, the shocking imagery and moving lead performances will stay with you long after you've finished watching.

The Killer Inside Me (Michael Winterbottom, 2010)

tt0954947.jpg
Image from here
Another film with shocking and gruesome imagery, Casey Affleck plays the main character and manages to be both enigmatic and utterly repulsive. Its a slow burner with an inevitable conclusion but what makes the film so gripping is the fab way that Winterbottom plays with tension.

Dune (David Lynch, 1984)

tt0087182.jpg
Image from here
I literally have no idea what is happening in this movie...

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me (David Lynch, 1992)

tt0105665.jpg
Image from here
Ditto

Looper (Rian Johnson, 2012)

tt1276104.jpg
Image from here


Might just be one of the best cinema releases of this year. A new, stylish look at time travel in a gritty setting. Loved everything about it once Joseph Gordon-Levitt's make up stopped being a distraction...

What I'm waiting for...

THE HOBBIT. DUH! ISN'T EVERYONE?

No comments:

Post a Comment