Wednesday 6 June 2012

Trailer Blaze

Some people spend their bank holidays at the beach, visiting culturally significant areas, having picnics or visiting relatives. My family went and saw two films in a row at the cinema which may go some way to explaining how I am the way I am. The two films were Prometheus (see yesterday's top ten) and Snow White and the Huntsman (I want to do some special blog posts on fairytale films soon).

It's a running joke in my family that my favourite part of the cinema is the trailers which is secretly partly true.




 I am a bit of a spoiler addict and I LOVE having something to look forward to. Yesterday marks the first time that I saw the new The Dark Knight Rises trailer at the cinema:



I was one of those who was a tad dubious at all the stuff Nolan seems to be cramming in to part three of the trilogy. it didn't work for Spiderman but after seeing this I was more relaxed.

The Perks of being a Wallflower was one of the literary highlights of my adolescence and the fact that someone wants to make something so special to me into a film gives me butterflies:


My main criticism is that the film doesn't look the way it does in my head which is frankly ridiculous.

George Lucas is back with something other than Star Wars! Yay for seventies kid's childhood memories. Gosh I feel young...


I love me an epic period drama and I am so excited for this. I hadn't heard much about the film except that Lucas has been slogging his guts out to get it made but the SFX looks superb.

I have already mentioned that I am not a horror fan and that goes doubly for freaky possession based horror so I don't know whether I will psych myself up for Red Lights:


Robert De Niro is better at scary than funny but still not sure on this one...

Finally, while I love trailers I can really do without the annoying orange adverts that preclude EVERY FREAKING FILM! Ditto for this latest one with the kid from The Inbetweeners...

No comments:

Post a Comment