Thursday 26 July 2012

100% Spoiler Free The Dark Knight Rises Top Ten

An award for the longest post title so far me thinks. Well, it is the end of an era as Christopher Nolan wraps up his gritty, dark trilogy.

Poster from IMDB



1) It is worth pointing out that everyone and their mother is in this film. Seriously. You will spend half your time going "Oh! It's that guy from that thing!"

2) "So that's what that feels like"

3) Despite the huge supporting cast, everyone shines. It avoids feeling too rushed over and gimmicky. My original fear, that like Spiderman 3, TDKR would end up feeling like 100 comic references crammed where a plot should be. Never fear viewers! All is well and balanced.

4) A truly engaging villain. The less said on that the better.

5) The music. Who knew ominous chanting in Moroccan Arabic could be so catchy?

6) "I may not be ordinary but I am a citizen"

7) The duo that is Gary Oldman and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. All their interactions are wonderful to watch.

8) The first scene between John Blake and Bruce Wayne.

9) I am not an avid reader of the comics, having only read bits and pieces in relation to viewing the films or reading other DC titles. However, even I enjoyed the various little shout outs.

10) The last few shots...

NOTE: I was planning on posting tomorrow as my first article for Yellow Bunting will be going online! However, I will be up in London for the opening of the Olympic Games, not actually there but in Stratford with family and close enough to hear the fireworks. Please drop by Yellow Bunting anyway and gave a read and I will post some follow up comments on Monday along with a review that's due hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment